Things to Know about your 2014 Tax Return with Regards to your Health Insurance
January 14, 2015, 8:52 pm
The Affordable Care Act will impact your 2014 tax return as this law requires everyone to have health insurance or pay a penalty. Tax related questions should be discussed with your tax advisor when preparing your return. Some tax software programs may tell you that your health insurance company will provide you with a form that you must submit to show proof you had coverage. However, for the 2014 tax filing, you do not need to submit a form. Cox HealthPlans is not required to send you the form this year. You can find more at the IRS website.
Great news about your coverage with Cox HealthPlans:
- Your coverage satisfies the minimum essential coverage (MEC) required by the ACA to avoid a tax penalty.
- You still have access to the best local care and service through the CoxHealth Network which includes CoxHealth Hospital in Springfield and Branson.
- If you have not secured health insurance for 2015, you still have time during Open Enrollment to purchase an Individual plan with Cox HealthPlans. The Open Enrollment period ends February 15, 2015. Shop Plans Now
Cox HealthPlans is dedicated to managing the rising cost of healthcare by providing chronic care management for members, wellness services, and leading in the research of quality based episode of care payments. There is a strong link between healthcare costs and financial well-being. We want to partner with our members to provide financial protection and at the same time enable members to be smart health care consumers. We want to help you “think health forward” by taking advantage of some of the ways you can save on your healthcare costs:
- Take steps to improve your health with preventive screenings, tobacco cessation programs, or enjoy the Corporate Discount rate at CoxHealth Fitness Centers.
- Discuss Generic alternatives for any prescriptions you may be taking to start saving money on your out of pocket costs.
- View the Provider Directory to make sure your provider is in the network.
- Contact our Member Services if you have any questions regarding claim payments. Always review physician and hospital bills to make sure that all charges are accurate and match the Explanation of Benefits received from Cox HealthPlans.
Resolve to be a wise consumer in 2015!
Best to you from Cox HealthPlans.