Jump into the New Year (Cardio Jump Exercises)
January 7, 2016, 4:13 pm
In a time of decorating, baking, shopping, and lists galore, it’s no wonder why the holiday pounds seemed to creep up in no time. And when the weather outside is frightful, running outside might not be so delightful. With the following 5 simple cardio workouts, you’ll be able to stay fit and avoid the frightful weather.
- Jumping Jacks: in a jumping motion, simultaneously bring your feet apart and arms up over your head. (Repeat 3 sets of 8.)
- Shadow Jump Rope: with your arms at your side, pretend as if you are holding a jump rope. Jump up and down in small motions in place. (Repeat 3 sets of 60 seconds.)
- Double Hop: pretend as if there is a line next to your feet. With your feet together, hop over this line back and forth. (Repeat 3 sets of 8.)
- Middle Squat Hop: with your feet shoulder width apart, make sure your knees do not cross over your toes as you reach both hands towards the ground. In a jumping motion, bring your feet together, standing up straight with your arms to your side. (Repeat 3 sets of 8.)
- Lunge Jumps: bring one leg forward in a basic lunge motion. While switching to the other leg, jump up and switch, bringing your arms over your head during the jump-switch motion. (Repeat 3 sets of 8.)
With these 5 home cardio workouts, jump into this new year with confidence!
The content is not intended to be substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Cox HealthPlans website.
- N. Hawkins, AFAA Group Fitness Instruction (2010-2011).