August 5, 2016, 5:45 am
One of the best parts of camping is the food, everything cooked outdoors tastes better! Try some of these easy campfire recipes on your next adventure.
Cheesy Campfire Potatoes
- 6 potatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons cold margarine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Cut 2 lengths of heavy duty foil approximately 18 inches square, placing one on top of the other for strength. Spray top one with non-stick spray. Spread potatoes on foil leaving plenty of room to fold up later. Scatter the onion over potatoes; slice the margarine over the potatoes; layer the Parmesan, mozzarella, and Cheddar cheeses over the potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Bring opposite edges of foil together and seal. Place the packet directly onto your campfire and cook until the potatoes are soft, about 35 minutes.
Grilled Sausage with Green Beans and Potatoes – Foil Dinner
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 pound red potatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/3 cup water
On a large sheet of foil, place the green beans, red potatoes, onion, and sausage. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with oil, and top with butter. Tightly seal foil around the ingredients, leaving only a small opening. Pour water into the opening, and seal. Place foil packet on the prepared grill. Cook 20 to 30 minutes, turning once, until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
Traditional Campfire S’mores
- Graham crackers, broken into squares
- Hershey's plain milk chocolate bars (or dark chocolate),
broken into sizes to fit the graham cracker squares
- Large marshmallows
Roast your marshmallow and build the best s’more ever!