It’s that time of year again, School is Back in Session!
With School starting again for the 2017 – 2018 school year, it’s a good time to think about whether your child is current with their Well Child Checks (Healthy Child and Youth Exams), Immunizations and Sports Physicals.
Well Child Checks and Immunizations
- Children should be seen once a year for their annual Healthy Child and Youth exam this includes:
- A comprehensive physical examination
- A comprehensive health and developmental history including assessment of both physical and mental health development
- Health Education
- Appropriate immunizations according to age
- Laboratory Tests (as needed)
- Lead Screening (appropriate to age and health history)
- Hearing Screening
- Vision Screening
- Your child’s Pediatrician will review immunizations on each visit for the needs of your child.
- Schools may require additional immunizations and boosters for attendance eligibility, please contact your child’s school for these requirements.
- Sports Physicals may be required for all children participating in school sanctioned sports. The locations below offer Sports Physicals (Pre-Participation) for $25 due at the time of the exam:
- The Clinic at Wal-Mart (Springfield - N Kansas Expwy, S Campbell, E Independence, Republic - US Hwy 60 East, Ozark - W Marler Lane)
- Hy-Vee Quick+Care (Battlefield Road, Springfield)
- CoxHealth Urgent Care in Branson and Ozark
- Pre-participation exams and assessments are also performed by a team of sport medicine physicians, nurses and athletic trainers at select schools where CoxHealth provides sports medicine services. Check with your school’s athletic department for details.